"Mom, Everyone Else Does!": Becoming Your Daughter's Ally in Responding to Peer Pressure to Drink, Smoke, and Use Drugs
(Paperback - 2005)
$12.31 - Online Price
$13.99 - Retail Price
You save: $1.68 (12 %)
Help Your Daughter Resist Peer Pressure-
Even When You're Not Around.
A national survey in 2001 indicated that in the U.S. one-fourth of the high school seniors have problems with drugs and alcohol, nearly two-thirds of teenagers experiment with drugs before finishing high school, and fifty-six percent of seventeen-year-olds know at least one drug dealer at school. Studies also indicate that when a girl chooses to use substances, peer pressure is the biggest reason why.
Many parents believe the best they can do is to teach their daughters right from wrong and hope for the best. But there "is" more that you can do. Because while peer pressure may be the biggest influence for girls who choose to use substances, parental involvement is the single most important factor for those who decide "not" to.
The dangers of substance abuse can actually bring you and your daughter closer.
Whether you want to help your daughter resist the overwhelming pressures to drink, smoke, and use drugs; have discovered or suspect that your daughter may be using substances; or want to help her develop a strong and positive identity in response to negative peer pressure, this book shows how the lure of today's teen "party" culture puts you in your most powerful position ever to connect with and influence your daughter.
- SKU: 9780877880257
- SKU10: 0877880255
- Title: "Mom, Everyone Else Does!": Becoming Your Daughter's Ally in Responding to Peer Pressure to Drink, Smoke, and Use Drugs
- Qty Remaining Online: 1
- Publisher: Shaw Books
- Release Date: Apr 19, 2005
- Pages: 238
- Weight lbs: 0.70
- Dimensions: 9.06" L x 6.06" W x 0.66" H
- Features: Price on Product, Index, Bibliography
- Themes: Theometrics | Evangelical; Sex & Gender | Feminine; Topical | Adolescence/Coming of Age; Topical | Family;
- Category: FAMILY CONCERNS
- Subject: Christian Life - General