A Basic Guide to Interpreting the Bible: Playing by the Rules
(Paperback - Jun 2011)
$19.35 - Online Price
$21.99 - Retail Price
You save: $2.64 (12 %)
Not currently available online.
In this accessible guide to interpreting the Bible, senior New Testament scholar Robert Stein helps readers identify various biblical genres, understand the meaning of biblical texts, and apply that meaning to contemporary life. This edition has been completely revised throughout to reflect Stein's current thinking and changes to the discipline over the past decade. Students of the Bible will find the book effective in group settings.
Praise for the first edition
"Stein's work is both a fine introduction to the task of biblical hermeneutics for the novice and an innovative refresher for the veteran teacher or pastor."--"Faith & Mission"
- SKU: 9780801033735
- SKU10: 080103373X
- Title: A Basic Guide to Interpreting the Bible: Playing by the Rules
- Publisher: Baker Academic
- Date Published: Jun 2011
- Edition: #2
- Pages: 228
- Illustrated: Yes
- Weight lbs: 0.74
- Dimensions: 9.04" L x 6.07" W x 0.64" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Index, Illustrated, Glossary, Bibliography
- Category: BIBLICAL STUDIES
- Subject: Biblical Studies - Exegesis & Hermeneutics