Bad Girls of the Bible: And What We Can Learn from Them
(Paperback - 1999)
Not currently available online.
Women everywhere marvel at those "good girls" in Scripture-Sarah, Mary, Esther-but on most days, that's not who they see when they look in the mirror. Most women (if they're honest) see the selfishness of Sapphira or the deception of Delilah. They catch of glimpse of Jezebel's take-charge pride or Eve's disastrous disobedience. Like Bathsheba, Herodias, and the rest, today's modern woman is surrounded by temptations, exhausted by the demands of daily living, and burdened by her own desires.
So what's a good girl to do? Learn from their lives, says beloved humor writer Liz Curtis Higgs, and by God's grace, choose a better path. In "Bad Girls of the Bible, " Higgs offers a unique and clear-sighted approach to understanding those "other women" in Scripture, combining a contemporary retelling of their stories with a solid, verse-by-verse study of their mistakes and what lessons women today can learn from them.
Whether they were "Bad to the Bone," "Bad for a Season, but Not Forever" or only "Bad for a Moment," these infamous sisters show women how "not" to handle the challenges of life. With her trademark humor and encouragement, Liz Curtis Higgs teaches us how to avoid their tragic mistakes and joyfully embrace grace.
- SKU: 9781578561254
- SKU10: 1578561256
- Title: Bad Girls of the Bible: And What We Can Learn from Them
- Publisher: Waterbrook Press
- Release Date: Aug 17, 1999
- Pages: 256
- Weight lbs: 0.75
- Dimensions: 8.90" L x 5.90" W x 0.80" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Price on Product, Bibliography
- Themes: Theometrics | Evangelical; Sex & Gender | Feminine;
- Awards: 2001 Christian Retailing's Best (Nominee - Nonfiction)
2001 Retailers' Choice (Nominee - Nonfiction)
2000 Gold Medallion Book Awards (Nominee - Bible (Devotional/Study))
- Category: BIBLICAL STUDIES
- Subject: Biblical Studies - General