Between Heavan & Earth: An Illuminated Torah Commentary
(Hardback - Sep 2009)
Not currently available online.
Between Heaven and Earth: An Illuminated Torah Commentary presents a two-page spread for each parashah, with artist Ilene Winn-Lederer's bold and beautiful imagery accented with Hebrew and English text excerpts rendered in her elegant calligraphy. The illuminated Torah is followed by a section titled "AfterImages: Artist's Notes," in which Lederer details the biblical story, symbols, and personal reflections that guided each illustration. She conveys her extensive knowledge of the Torah clearly and accessibly, offering her interpretations against a backdrop of years of scholarship.
- SKU: 9780764950988
- SKU10: 0764950983
- Title: Between Heavan & Earth: An Illuminated Torah Commentary
- Publisher: Pomegranate Communications
- Date Published: Sep 2009
- Pages: 190
- Illustrated: Yes
- Weight lbs: 2.71
- Dimensions: 10.28" L x 8.30" W x 1.04" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Price on Product - Canadian, Illustrated, Dust Cover
- Category: RELIGIONS, VARIOUS
- Subject: Judaism - Sacred Writings