Biblia Hebraic Stuttgartensia-FL-Wide Margin (Revised)
Not currently available online.
Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS) is known to be the definitive edition of the Hebrew Bible. It is widely regarded as a reliable edition of the Hebrew and Aramaic scriptures and is the most widely used original-language edition among scholars.
It is a revision of the third edition of the Biblia Hebraica edited by Rudolf Kittel, the first Bible to be based on the Leningrad Codex. The Leningrad Codex is the oldest complete Hebrew Bible still preserved. It originally appeared in installments, from 1968 to 1976, with the first one-volume edition in 1977; it has since been reprinted many times. The text is a nearly exact copy of the Masoretic Text as recorded in the Leningrad Codex. The Masoretic notes are completely revised.
Included is a foreword in German, English, French, Spanish and Latin as well as an English and German key to the Latin words, abbreviations and other symbols in the critical apparatus.
Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS) Wide Margin Edition is identical in content to the Standard Edition but is larger in size and priced lower. The Wide Margin Edition gives professors and students the opportunity to make notes in their Bible as they translate the Hebrew Scriptures.
- SKU: 9781598561999
- SKU10: 1598561995
- Title: Biblia Hebraic Stuttgartensia-FL-Wide Margin
- Publisher: Hendrickson Publishers
- Edition: #5
- Edition Description: Revised
- Pages: 1574
- Language: Hebrew
- Age Range: 21 - UP
- Grade Level: College Senior thru Up
- Translation: Foreign Language
- Bible Type: General Use
- Binding: Paper Over Board
- Cover Color: Brown
- Bible Portion: Complete Without Apocrypha
- Red Letter: No
- Concordance: No
- Reference Location: Page End
- Weight lbs: 3.16
- Dimensions: 9.49" L x 7.36" W x 1.84" H
- Features: Wide Margin, Price on Product, Index, Bookmark
- Category: FOREIGN LANGUAGE BIBLES (EXCL. SPAN)
- Subject: Other Translations - General