This is the new (fifth) edition of the Biblia Hebraica. It is being published in parts (fascicles).
- Text of the Leningrad Codex, cited from new color photographs
- Masorah magna and parva of Leningrad Codex are included with the text
- A single apparatus with all relevant textual variants at bottom of the page
- Two other Tiberian codices are collated for each book
- Qumran and Judean Desert fragments are collated
- All available pre-Tiberian witnesses for each textual case are noted
- Each book is also accompanied by a commentary
This text includes:
- General Introduction presenting "Biblia Hebraica Quinta, " characterizes the text and masorah of the base text, the particular use of resources, and the relation of BHQ to BHS and previous editions, etc.
- Ruth, Canticles (Song of Songs), Qoheleth (Ecclesiastes), Lamentations, and Esther
--Ruth prepared by J. de Waard
--Canticles prepared by P. B. Dirksen
--Qoheleth prepared by Y. A. P. Goldman
--Lamentations prepared by R. Schafer
--Esther prepared by M. Saebo