Billy Graham and the Beloved Community: America's Evangelist and the Dream of Martin Luther King, Jr.
(Hardback - Aug 2006)
This study is the first detailed analysis of Billy Graham's social thought during one of the most volatile periods of American history'the Martin Luther King, Jr. years (1955-1968). Using previously unpublished documents, this book argues that although the popular evangelist occasionally supported Kings mission to save America, he largely opposed Kings vision of the beloved community and his tactics of civil disobedience. The book also offers the controversial claim that because Graham allowed his political allegiances to trump his biblical Christianity, he never dreamed of nor worked for a world marked by lasting racial reconciliation, economic justice, and peace.
- SKU: 9781403968692
- SKU10: 1403968691
- Title: Billy Graham and the Beloved Community: America's Evangelist and the Dream of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Qty Remaining Online: 52
- Publisher: Palgrave MacMillan
- Date Published: Aug 2006
- Pages: 268
- Weight lbs: 1.18
- Dimensions: 9.26" L x 6.40" W x 0.81" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Index, Dust Cover, Bibliography
- Category: EVANGELISM
- Subject: Christian Ministry - Evangelism