Brevard Childs, Biblical Theologian: For the Church's One Bible
(Paperback - Aug 2012)
Not currently available online.
Brevard Childs (1923-2007), one of the monumental figures in biblical interpretation in the last half-century, is a founding presence in the current resurgence in theological interpretation of Scripture. He combined critique of biblical scholarship with a constructive proposal related to the canon. Because his work is influential, complex, and contested, it needs and merits clarification. In this full-scale explication of Childs's thought, Daniel Driver takes account of the complete corpus of Childs's work, providing a thorough introduction to the context, content, and reception of his canonical approach. Originally published in hardcover by Mohr Siebeck, this work is now available as an affordable North American paperback edition.
- SKU: 9780801039751
- SKU10: 0801039754
- Title: Brevard Childs, Biblical Theologian: For the Church's One Bible
- Publisher: Baker Academic
- Date Published: Aug 2012
- Pages: 354
- Weight lbs: 1.30
- Dimensions: 8.80" L x 5.90" W x 1.20" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Index, Bibliography
- Category: BIBLICAL STUDIES
- Subject: Biblical Criticism & Interpretation - General