Cycling Home from Siberia: 30,000 Miles, 3 Years, 1 Bicycle
(Paperback - Apr 2011)
$14.95 - Online Price
$16.99 - Retail Price
You save: $2.04 (12 %)
Not currently available online.
It is late October, and the temperature is already –40 degrees . . . My thoughts are filled with frozen rivers that may or may not hold my weight; empty, forgotten valleys haunted by emaciated ghosts; and packs of ravenous, merciless wolves."
Having left his job as a high-school geography teacher, Rob Lilwall arrived in Siberia equipped only with a bike and a healthy dose of fear. Cycling Home from Siberia recounts his epic three-and-a-half-year, 30,000-mile journey back to England via the foreboding jungles of Papua New Guinea, an Australian cyclone, and Afghanistan's war-torn Hindu Kush. A gripping story of endurance and adventure, this is also a spiritual journey, providing poignant insight into life on the road in some of the world's toughest corners.
- SKU: 9781451607864
- SKU10: 1451607865
- Title: Cycling Home from Siberia: 30,000 Miles, 3 Years, 1 Bicycle
- Publisher: Howard Books
- Release Date: Apr 05, 2011
- Pages: 399
- Illustrated: Yes
- Weight lbs: 0.85
- Dimensions: 8.40" L x 5.40" W x 1.10" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Price on Product, Price on Product - Canadian, Maps, Illustrated, Bibliography
- Category: BIOGRAPHY/BIOGRAPHICAL
- Subject: Personal Memoirs