Diamonds in the Shadow
(Paperback - Mar 2009)
A powerful novel about the difficulty of doing what is right.
Through their love for people, yet ignorance of the unknown, the Finch Family has joined alongside their church and opened their home to an African refugee family who are moving to Connecticut. The Amabo family of four- Andre, Celestine, Mattu, and Alake: father, mother, and teenage son and daughter- arrive in great hope as they have escaped the tyranny of Africa. What the Finch Family doesn't know is that there are not just four refugees in this Amabo family, but five.
As the Amabo family, who have suffered unimaginable horrors, begin to adjust to a life of plenty in the Finches' suburban Connecticut home, and the Finches are learning new lessons of The Golden Rule. The life adjustment for all seems flawless.
But the fifth refugee does not believe in good will. This lawless rebel has managed to enter America undetected. And the Amabo family has something of his--something that they agreed to carry into the country for him.
When Jared, the oldest Finch son, realizes that the good guys are not always innocent, he must make a decision that could change the fates of both the Finches and the Amabos. In this uncommonly penetrating story, Caroline B. Cooney presents a fresh perspective on how doing what is right can be most difficult. From the Hardcover edition.
- SKU: 9781400074242
- SKU10: 140007424X
- Title: Diamonds in the Shadow
- Qty Remaining Online: 20
- Publisher: Waterbrook Press
- Release Date: Mar 17, 2009
- Pages: 228
- Age Range: 12 - 17
- Grade Level: 7th Grade thru 12th Grade
- Weight lbs: 0.38
- Dimensions: 8.02" L x 5.28" W x 0.52" H
- Features: Price on Product, Price on Product - Canadian, Ikids
- Themes: Ethnic Orientation | Multicultural; Ethnic Orientation | African; Geographic Orientation | Connecticut; Cultural Region | New England;
- Category: CHILDREN'S FICTION, GENERAL
- Subject: Mysteries, Espionage, & Detective Stories