Female Survivors of Sexual Abuse
(Hardback - Jul 2002)
How can we treat survivors of sexual abuse more effectively?
Sexual abuse against females is a serious problem in society and there is a need for a greater understanding of the presentation and treatment of adult survivors of sexual abuse. In Female Survivors of Sexual Abuse, Christine Baker combines her clinical experience with an innovative approach to the treatment of this problem.
Female Survivors of Sexual Abuse addresses the experience of 180 female adults who were sexually abused in childhood, and provides detailed analyses and treatment approaches. The subject matter is presented in an accessible and compassionate way, imparting personal opinion and experience. It covers:
* female survivors: their stories, and the evidence
* integration, the alliance and the therapist
* the survivor's journey to recovery
* the families, disclosure and the role of the mother.
This book enables the reader to "enter" the experience of the survivors and follow their progress to recovery, while highlighting the ever-changing state of knowledge in this difficult area. It will be invaluable to practitioners and students of clinical psychology, counselling, and psychiatry.
- SKU: 9780415139830
- SKU10: 041513983X
- Title: Female Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- Qty Remaining Online: 138
- Publisher: Routledge
- Date Published: Jul 2002
- Pages: 272
- Weight lbs: 1.17
- Dimensions: 9.62" L x 6.14" W x 0.99" H
- Features: Index, Bibliography
- Themes: Theometrics | Secular; Sex & Gender | Feminine;
- Category: GENERAL INTEREST
- Subject: Psychotherapy - General