Holy Silence: The Gift of Quaker Spirituality
(Paperback - 2005)
Not currently available online.
People of all faiths and backgrounds are drawn to silence. They yearn for it in these busy and difficult times, but often, when silence becomes available, we don't know what to do with it. For centuries, Quakers have taught that when we are silent, God grants us insights, guidance, and spiritual understanding that is different from what we might realize in our noisy, everyday lives. In this profound book, J. Brent Bill invites readers to discover this and other unique gifts of Quaker spirituality. The result is a satisfying experience and taste of a spiritual tradition unflinching in its dedication to listening for the sounds and voice of God.
- SKU: 9781557254207
- SKU10: 1557254206
- Title: Holy Silence: The Gift of Quaker Spirituality
- Publisher: Paraclete Press (MA)
- Date Published: May 2005
- Pages: 147
- Weight lbs: 0.45
- Dimensions: 7.90" L x 5.40" W x 0.40" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Price on Product, Glossary, Bibliography
- Themes: Theometrics | Mainline;
- Category: SPIRITUALITY
- Subject: Christianity - Quaker