You lost your job. Your son ran away. A loved one just died from cancer. Your best friend is getting a divorce. The list is endless.
Adversity is a reality that no one can avoid. Everyone asks "why" when adversity strikes. Yet Dr. Stanley contends, "As much as we all want to know the answer to the "why" question, it is really not the most significant question. The real question each of us needs to ask is, 'How should I respond?'"
"How to Handle Adversity" helps you learn to
- Ask the right questions about adversity
- Become a comfort to others
- Rediscover the faithfulness of God
- Deal with pride and weakness
- Look at adversity from God's perspective
- Glorify God in your adversity
If you are a child of God whose heart's desire is to see God glorified through you, adversity will not put you down for the count. There will be those initial moments of shock and confusion. But the man or woman who has God's perspective on this life and the life to come will always emerge victorious ―Charles Stanley