Into the Dark: Seeing the Sacred in the Top Films of the 21st Century
(Paperback - 2008)
$22.00 - Online Price
$25.00 - Retail Price
You save: $3.00 (12 %)
In this book, Craig Detweiler examines forty-five films from the twenty-first century that resonate theologically--from "The Lord of the Rings "trilogy to "Little Miss Sunshine"--offering groundbreaking insight into their scriptural connections and theological applications.
Detweiler writes with the eye of a filmmaker, leads Hollywood and religion initiatives at Fuller Seminary, and even came to faith through cinema. In this book, he unpacks the "theology of everyday life," exploring the Spirit of God in creation, redemption, and "general revelation" through sometimes unlikely filmmakers. It's the first authoritative book that dissects up-to-date movies selected by the popular Internet Movie Database.
This book is recommended for teachers, students, pastors, film fans, and those interested in the intersection of Christianity and culture.
- SKU: 9780801035920
- SKU10: 0801035929
- Title: Into the Dark: Seeing the Sacred in the Top Films of the 21st Century
- Series: Cultural Exegesis
- Qty Remaining Online: 3
- Publisher: Baker Academic
- Date Published: Aug 2008
- Pages: 320
- Illustrated: Yes
- Weight lbs: 0.98
- Dimensions: 8.96" L x 6.16" W x 0.82" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Index, Illustrated, Bibliography
- Themes: Theometrics | Academic; Theometrics | Mainline;
- Category: THEOLOGY
- Subject: Christian Life - General
Also in "Cultural Exegesis" Series