Janice VanCleave's Science Through the Ages
(Paperback - 2002)
$14.04 - Online Price
$15.95 - Retail Price
You save: $1.91 (12 %)
How much would you weigh on Mars?
What can exploding balloons tell us about weather?
Why do heavy ships stay afloat on water?
How can you lift an elephant with one finger?
You'll discover the answers to these and many other fascinating questions when you journey through science history with Janice VanCleave as your guide. Packed with fun facts, activities, and experiments, Janice VanCleave's Science Through the Ages introduces you to the amazing stories behind some of the greatest scientific discoveries of our time. Each chapter provides easy-to-follow instructions for hands-on experiments, as well as clear explanations that reveal the many ways science has helped people--from ancient times right up through today
You'll find out how to use Stone Age tools to make art, build a simple telescope, look at your own blood vessels (did you know you have thousands of miles of them?), construct a stethoscope, create a model of Galileo's gas thermometer, and much more. As with all of Janice VanCleave's books, the materials are safe, inexpensive, and easily found around the house. So take a time-traveling tour of discovery and get ready for hours and hours of fascinating science fun--at home or in the classroom.
- SKU: 9780471330974
- UPC: 723812330973
- SKU10: 0471330973
- Title: Janice VanCleave's Science Through the Ages
- Series: Janice VanCleave's Science for Fun
- Qty Remaining Online: 98
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons
- Date Published: Aug 2002
- Pages: 122
- Illustrated: Yes
- Age Range: 8 - 11
- Grade Level: 3rd Grade thru 6th Grade
- Weight lbs: 0.69
- Dimensions: 10.96" L x 8.46" W x 0.34" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Price on Product, Index, Illustrated, Ikids, Glossary
- Themes: Theometrics | Secular;
- Category: NON-FICTION CHILDREN'S BOOKS/BOOKS ON TAPE OR CD
- Subject: Science & Nature - Experiments & Projects