Leading Cross-Culturally: Covenant Relationships for Effective Christian Leadership
(Paperback - 2008)
Not currently available online.
As the US becomes more diverse, cross-cultural ministry is increasingly important for nearly all pastors and church leaders. Of particular concern is the issue of leadership--a difficult task made even more challenging in multicultural settings. Sherwood Lingenfelter helps the reader understand his or her own leadership culture (and its blind spots), examine it critically in light of Scripture, and become an effective learner of other cultural perspectives on leadership. He also confronts the issues of power inherent in any leadership situation. Lingenfelter carefully defines cross-cultural leadership and unpacks that definition throughout the book, with an emphasis on building communities of vision, trust, and empowerment through leadership based on biblical principles. In the end, he argues that leaders must inhabit the gospel story to be effective cross-culturally.
- SKU: 9780801036057
- SKU10: 0801036054
- Title: Leading Cross-Culturally: Covenant Relationships for Effective Christian Leadership
- Publisher: Baker Academic
- Date Published: Dec 2008
- Pages: 175
- Illustrated: Yes
- Weight lbs: 0.48
- Dimensions: 8.52" L x 5.50" W x 0.47" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Recycled Paper, Index, Illustrated, Bibliography
- Category: CHRISTIAN LIVING
- Subject: Christian Ministry - Missions