The Many Faces of Evil: A Search for Insight and Hope: A Study Guide (Study Guide)
(Paperback - 1997)
$11.40 - Online Price
$12.95 - Retail Price
You save: $1.55 (12 %)
Evil and suffering are a part of everyone's experience. Kenneth Cauthen breaks new ground in exploring the torments and terrors of this life. Some of his positions may be considered daring and controversial. But his approach, while creative, is rooted in a deeply biblical faith as he interprets the meaning of suffering and the relationship of God to human anguish.
This book will be a useful resource for counselors, pastors, teachers and others who are called upon to help people cope with tragedy. It will be helpful to individuals who are attempting to understand the torment or suffering in their own lives.
The author addresses many difficult questions and illustrates his answers with fascinating real-life examples:
- How is evil related to suffering?
- What is God's responsibility in causing and overcoming evil?
- How does faith provide a basis for hope in the midst of suffering?
- Why is evil a part of our world?
Kenneth Cauthen, Ph.D. is John Price Crozer Griffith Emeritus Professor of Theology, Colgate-Rochester Divinity School/Bexley Hall/Crozer Theological Seminary. A recognized authority in Theology and Ethics, his book" The Impact of American Religious Liberalism "has been a standard text and was chosen for a special White House Library on American history and culture.
Cauthen received his education from Mercer University (magna cum laude), Yale Divinity School, B.D., Emory University, M.A., and Vanderbilt University, Ph.D. He is the author of twelve books and contributing author to seven others.
This study guide accompanies "The Many Faces Of Evi."
- SKU: 9780788010705
- SKU10: 0788010700
- Title: The Many Faces of Evil: A Search for Insight and Hope: A Study Guide
- Qty Remaining Online: 116
- Publisher: CSS Publishing Company
- Date Published: Nov 1997
- Edition Description: Study Guide
- Pages: 70
- Weight lbs: 0.22
- Dimensions: 8.20" L x 5.40" W x 0.20" H
- Themes: Theometrics | Mainline;
- Category: CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
- Subject: Christian Education - General