1. This is the first time that Chicken Soup has published separate books for younger teens and older teens, allowing more focus on issues specific to each age group.
2. Parents can be more confident that the book their child is reading contains stories suitable for just that age.
3. The line is being updated with new covers, new interior layouts, excellent editing, and up-to-date stories. The line is also returning to the core values of its heyday, delivering 101 stories in every book.
4. Chicken Soup for the Soul earned the Guinness World Record for having the most books on the New York Times bestseller list at one time.
5. Last year, "USA Today" named Chicken Soup for the Soul #5 on its list of 25 books that left a legacy over the past quarter century.
The stories in this book cover topics important to the 12 to 14-year-old age range, including regrets and lessons learned, discovering the opposite sex, cliques and popularity, and new privileges and responsibilities such as jobs, cell phones, and grades.
The first Chicken Soup for the Soul book was published in 1993, and became a publishing industry sensation, ultimately selling eight million copies. Since then, more than 150 Chicken Soup titles have been published, selling more than 100 million copies.
Chicken Soup for the Soul has won dozens of awards over the past 15 years, and its founders, Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen have become celebrity motivational speakers and authors.