Plugged-In Parenting: How to Raise Media-Savvy Kids with Love, Not War
(Paperback - Jun 2011)
$12.31 - Online Price
$13.99 - Retail Price
You save: $1.68 (12 %)
Not currently available online.
"Plugged-In Parenting" comes at a time when parents find themselves between a rock and a hard place. They want to protect their children from the increasingly violent and sexualized content of movies, TV, the Internet, and music as well as cyberbullying and obsessive cell phone texting. But they fear that simply "laying down the law" will alienate their kids. Can parents stay connected to the media while staying connected to God and to each other? This book makes a powerful case for teaching kids media discernment, but doesn't stop there. It shows how to use teachable moments, evidence from research and pop culture, Scripture, questions, parental example, and a written family entertainment constitution to uphold biblical standards without damaging the parent-child relationship.
- SKU: 9781589976245
- SKU10: 158997624X
- Title: Plugged-In Parenting: How to Raise Media-Savvy Kids with Love, Not War
- Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers
- Date Published: Jun 2011
- Pages: 196
- Weight lbs: 0.53
- Dimensions: 8.32" L x 5.53" W x 0.58" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Price on Product, Bibliography
- Themes: Topical | Family;
- Category: FAMILY CONCERNS
- Subject: Christian Life - Social Issues
NOTE: Related content on this page may not be applicable to all formats of this product.