Quiet Magic: A Parable about Finding Happiness
(Paperback - Dec 2006)
Not currently available online.
Jimmy Candlestick is a modern boy who lives in a high-rise apartment block and whose life is surrounded by electronic gadgetry. It is only when Jimmy falls ill and is whisked away to the country to stay with old Mrs. Fender that he experiences open spaces, fresh air and nature. He is taught to leave behind the tensions of modern living, to go with the flow of real life, to relax and to take control of his response to life. The sooner we permit ourselves ease of mind, the better, says Pauline McKinnon. The way to manage the stress that is so common in modern life is by using preventative techniques. A story to delight and intrigue children and young people ages 7 and older that teaches children the value of meditation and relaxation.
- SKU: 9781863550901
- SKU10: 1863550909
- Title: Quiet Magic: A Parable about Finding Happiness
- Publisher: Morehouse Publishing
- Date Published: Dec 2006
- Pages: 117
- Age Range: 7 - 10
- Grade Level: 2nd Grade thru 5th Grade
- Weight lbs: 0.32
- Dimensions: 7.72" L x 6.44" W x 0.38" H
- Category: CHILDREN'S FICTION, GENERAL
- Subject: Religious - Christian - General