Secure Daughters, Confident Sons: How Parents Guide Their Children Into Authentic Masculinity and Femininity
(Paperback - Jan 2011)
$13.19 - Online Price
$14.99 - Retail Price
You save: $1.80 (12 %)
Raise secure, confident kids in a gender-confused world
In this eye-opening book, family researcher Glenn T. Stanton offers a clear vision for why gender matters in how we raise our children. His thought-provoking insights expose the problems with stifling stereotypes and damaging cultural assumptions, then highlight a practical pathway for guiding children into healthy manhood and womanhood.
- what gender-appropriate behavior looks like at various ages--and why you shouldn't panic if your toddler boy plays with his sister's dolls.
- how to help your daughter become secure in her sense of significance--whether she prefers chasing butterflies or shooting hoops.
- how to inspire your son to compete and take healthy risks--in ways that fit his unique personality.
- how moms and dads complement one another as they discipline differently, comfort differently, and influence differently.
- what you can do on a daily basis to nurture your children's God-given design and help them resist the pressure to conform to arbitrary cultural rules.
With practical tools, well-researched insights, and real-life scenarios, this book equips parents to launch daughters who are secure in the power of their femininity and sons who are confident in their strength to make a difference in the world.
- SKU: 9781601422941
- SKU10: 1601422946
- Title: Secure Daughters, Confident Sons: How Parents Guide Their Children Into Authentic Masculinity and Femininity
- Qty Remaining Online: 4
- Publisher: Multnomah Books
- Release Date: Jan 18, 2011
- Pages: 276
- Weight lbs: 0.48
- Dimensions: 7.94" L x 5.32" W x 0.65" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Price on Product, Price on Product - Canadian, Bibliography
- Themes: Topical | Family;
- Category: FAMILY CONCERNS
- Subject: Parenting - General