Secure Daughters, Confident Sons: How Parents Guide Their Children into Authentic Masculinity and Femininity
(ePUB - Jan 2011)
Raise secure, confident kids in a gender-confused world
In this eye-opening book, family researcher Glenn T. Stanton offers a clear vision for why gender matters in how we raise our children. His thought-provoking insights expose the problems with stifling stereotypes and damaging cultural assumptions, then highlight a practical pathway for guiding children into healthy manhood and womanhood.
- what gender-appropriate behavior looks like at various ages--and why you shouldn't panic if your toddler boy plays with his sister's dolls.
- how to help your daughter become secure in her sense of significance--whether she prefers chasing butterflies or shooting hoops.
- how to inspire your son to compete and take healthy risks--in ways that fit his unique personality.
- how moms and dads complement one another as they discipline differently, comfort differently, and influence differently.
- what you can do on a daily basis to nurture your children's God-given design and help them resist the pressure to conform to arbitrary cultural rules.
With practical tools, well-researched insights, and real-life scenarios, this book equips parents to launch daughters who are secure in the power of their femininity and sons who are confident in their strength to make a difference in the world.
- SKU: 9781601422958
- SKU10: 1601422954
- Title: Secure Daughters, Confident Sons: How Parents Guide Their Children into Authentic Masculinity and Femininity
- Publisher: Multnomah Books
- Release Date: Jan 18, 2011
- Pages: 288
- Category: FAMILY CONCERNS
- Subject: Parenting - General
NOTE: Related content on this page may not be applicable to all formats of this product.