Sojourner Truth: Voice for Freedom
(Paperback - Jan 2003)
Not currently available online.
"What do you do when you don't have a home or a family to call your own anymore?"
Eleven-year-old Abigail is not entirely sure how she'll find it, but after losing her mother to smallpox and her father to the sea, she knows that it is up to her to build a new life for herself and her little brother, Seth. But carving a future out of the harsh realities of life in Wiscasset, a nineteenth-century Maine seaport, proves difficult, and Abigail fears that there will always be more questions than answers. How long will they be able to stay and work for the young Widow Chase? Will Seth be able to let go of the past?
As the months roll by like waves on the sea, Abigail searches tirelessly for a solution and for an answer to the question she holds most dear: Will they ever find a place to call home again?
- SKU: 9780689852749
- SKU10: 0689852746
- Title: Sojourner Truth: Voice for Freedom
- Series: Childhood of Famous Americans (Paperback)
- Publisher: Aladdin Paperbacks
- Date Published: Jan 2003
- Pages: 160
- Illustrated: Yes
- Age Range: 8 - 12
- Grade Level: 3rd Grade thru 7th Grade
- Weight lbs: 0.24
- Dimensions: 7.72" L x 5.12" W x 0.51" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Price on Product, Illustrated, Ikids, Bibliography
- Themes: Theometrics | Secular; Chronological Period | 19th Century; Ethnic Orientation | African American;
- Category: AFRICAN-AMERICAN
- Subject: Biography & Autobiography - Cultural Heritage
Also in "Childhood of Famous Americans (Paperback)" Series