Soul Surfer: A True Story of Faith, Family, and Fighting to Get Back on the Board
(Paperback - Jun 2012)
Not currently available online.
She lost her arm in a shark attack and nearly died, but she never lost her faith. In her #1 New York Times bestseller, Bethany Hamilton tells the moving story of her triumphant return to competitive surfing, which continues to inspire all who hear it.
They say Bethany Hamilton has salt water in her veins. How else could one explain the passion that drives her to surf? Or that nothing not even the loss of her arm could come between her and the waves? That Halloween morning in Kauai, Hawaii, Bethany responded to the shark s stealth attack with the calm of a teenage girl with God on her side, resolutely pushing aside her pain and panic while being rescued and brought back to shore. When can I surf again? was the first thing Bethany asked after her emergency surgery, leaving no doubt that her spirit and determination were part of a greater story a tale of personal empowerment and spiritual grit that shows the body is no more essential to surfing, perhaps even less so, than the soul.
- SKU: 9781451679137
- SKU10: 1451679130
- Title: Soul Surfer: A True Story of Faith, Family, and Fighting to Get Back on the Board
- Publisher: MTV Books
- Release Date: Jun 26, 2012
- Pages: 288
- Illustrated: Yes
- Weight lbs: 0.40
- Dimensions: 6.70" L x 4.10" W x 1.00" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Price on Product, Price on Product - Canadian, Illustrated
- Themes: Sex & Gender | Feminine;
- Category: CHRISTIAN LIVING
- Subject: Personal Memoirs