The Bite of the Gold Bug: A Story of the Alaskan Gold Rush
(Paperback - Nov 1994)
Not currently available online.
It's 1898, and Bucky can't wait to get to Alaska to find gold and adventure. But the journey is hard. Bucky, Pa, and Uncle Tanner must face deadly storms, numbing cold, and the Golden Stairs--a grueling six-hour nonstop trudge up the mountainside with heavy packs on their backs. Can Bucky make it?
Bucky and his father, prospecting for gold in Alaska in 1898, must overcome storms, dangerous mountain trails, and wilderness predators before confronting the final challenge of human treachery.
- SKU: 9780140360813
- SKU10: 0140360816
- Title: The Bite of the Gold Bug: A Story of the Alaskan Gold Rush
- Series: Once Upon America (Paperback)
- Publisher: Puffin Books
- Date Published: Nov 1994
- Pages: 64
- Illustrated: Yes
- Age Range: 7 - 11
- Grade Level: 2nd Grade thru 6th Grade
- Weight lbs: 0.13
- Dimensions: 7.79" L x 5.06" W x 0.22" H
- Features: Price on Product, Illustrated
- Themes: Cultural Region | Pacific Northwest; Cultural Region | Western U.S.; Geographic Orientation | Alaska;
- Category: CHILDREN'S FICTION, GENERAL
- Subject: General
Also in "Once Upon America (Paperback)" Series