The Book of Common Prayers: 1662 Book of Common Prayer
(Leather - Jun 2006)
$92.40 - Online Price
$105.00 - Retail Price
You save: $12.60 (12 %)
Not currently available online.
The Book of Common Prayer is the old and well-loved prayer book of the Church of England, in use since the 16th century. In this revised 1662 form, it has become one of the classic texts of the English language, its prayers and expressions making English what it is today.
Cambridge's new editions of the Prayer Book have been freshly typeset for the 21st century, using a modern digital typeface to give a clear printing image and greater readability. Nevertheless the format and page layout of this book follow its predecessor (originally produced in the early 20th century) page for page. The book provides the complete 1662 services, including the traditional forms of the baptism and marriage services.
The print is slightly larger than in the Standard Edition and this particular style is bound in black French Morocco leather and presented in a slipcase. It contains four loose presentation pages: one each for Baptism, Confirmation and Holy Matrimony, and one for any occasion.
* printed on gilt-edged paper
* new, easy-to-read setting
* larger type size
* four presentation pages for special occasions
- SKU: 9780521691178
- SKU10: 0521691176
- Title: The Book of Common Prayers: 1662 Book of Common Prayer
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Date Published: Jun 2006
- Pages: 629
- Weight lbs: 1.20
- Dimensions: 7.58" L x 5.90" W x 1.16" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Bookmark
- Themes: Theometrics | Mainline;
- Category: PRAYER
- Subject: Prayerbooks - Christian