Chapter OneA CAST OF
THE NAKED TRUTH
1. What prophet walked around naked for three years?2. Who went naked as a way of wailing over the fate of
Jerusalem?3. What king of Israel, struck with the power to prophesy, stripped off his clothes and lay naked for a whole day and
night?4. What father lay naked and intoxicated in his tent, which so
disturbed his sons that they came and covered him?5. In war, what persons were often humiliated by being
stripped?6. What prophet threatened to take away the flax that covered his
wife's nakedness?7. What disciple, busy at his daily work, was caught naked by
Jesus?8. Who embarrassed his wife by shamelessly exposing himself
while dancing for joy?9. Where did a follower of Jesus escape an angry mob by running
10. What prophet spoke of a woman (merely a symbol) who
committed sexual sins while naked?
The Naked Truth (Answers)
1. Isaiah (20:3)
2. The prophet Micah (1:8)
3. Saul (1 Samuel 19:24)
4. Noah (Genesis 9:21-23)
5. Captives (2 Chronicles 28:15)
6. Hosea (2:3, 9)
7. Simon Peter (John 21:7)
8. King David (2 Samuel 6:20)
9. Gethsemane (Mark 14:51-52)
10. Ezekiel (23:10, 29)
LAUGHERS AND DANCERS
1. Whose entrancing dance proved fatal for John the Baptist?2. Who held a feast with dancing when his son returned?3. Who laughed at Nehemiah's plans to rebuild Jerusalem?4. Who danced with all his might when the ark of the covenant
was brought to Jerusalem?5. Who laughed when she heard she would bear a son in her
old age?6. Who was snickered at for claiming that a dead girl was only
asleep?7. What prophetess led the women of Israel in a victory dance?8. Whose ill-fated daughter came out dancing after his victory
over the Ammonites?9. Who had his decree for a Passover celebration laughed at by
the men of Israel?
10. What tribe took wives from among the dancers at Shiloh?
11. Who came out dancing after David killed Goliath?
12. What is the only book in the Bible to mention God
13. What epistle tells Christians to turn their laughter to
14. What old woman said, "God hath made me to laugh so that all
who hear will laugh with me"?
15. Who told Job that God would certainly fill a righteous man
16. According to Psalm 126, what caused laughter among the
17. What old man laughed at God's promise that he would father a
child in his old age?
18. What group of people were busy dancing and partying when
David caught up with them?
19. What graven image did the Israelites dance in front of?
20. What book says there is a time to weep and a time to
21. Who, in the Beatitudes, does Jesus promise laughter to?
22. What book says that laughter is foolishness?
23. What book says that even in laughter the heart is sorrowful?
24. Whom did Jesus speak of as dancing in the streets?
25. Who danced around the altar of their false god?
26. Whose wife despised him for dancing in the streets?
27. What instrument is usually associated with dance in the
28. What book says, "Our dance is turned into mourning"?
29. According to Job, whose children dance around and make
30. What Old Testament character's name means "laughter"?
Laughers and Dancers (Answers)
1. The daughter of Herodias (Matthew 14:6-8)
2. The father of the prodigal son (Luke 15:25)
3. Sanballat, Tobiah, and Geshem (Nehemiah 2:19)
4. David (2 Samuel 6:14)
5. Sarah (Genesis 18:10-12)
6. Jesus (Matthew 9:23-24)
7. Miriam (Exodus 15:20)
8. Jephthah's (Judges 11:34)
9. Hezekiah (2 Chronicles 30:5, 10)
10. Benjamin (Judges 21:20, 23)
11. The women of Israel (1 Samuel 18:6-7)
12. Psalms (2:4; 37:13; 59:8)
13. James (4:9)
14. Sarah (Genesis 21:6)
15. Bildad (Job 8:21)
16. Bringing the captives back to Jerusalem (Psalm 126:2)
17. Abraham (Genesis 17:17)
18. The Amalekites (1 Samuel 30:16-18)
19. The golden calf made by Aaron (Exodus 32:19)
20. Ecclesiastes (3:4)
21. Those who weep (Luke 6:21)
22. Ecclesiastes (2:2)
23. Proverbs (14:13)
24. Children (Luke 7:32)
25. The priests of Baal (1 Kings 18:26)
26. David's wife, Michal (1 Chronicles 15:29)
27. The timbrel, or tambourine (Exodus 15:20; Judges 11:34; Job
21:12; Psalm 150:4)
28. Lamentations (5:15)
29. The children of the wicked (Job 21:7-12)
30. Isaac (Genesis 21:3-6)
THEY DID IT FIRST
1. What king had the first birthday party in the Bible?2. Where was the first beauty contest in the Bible, and who won?3. Who was the first Christian martyr?4. What is the first dream mentioned in the Bible?5. What is the first war mentioned in the Bible?6. Who was the first drunk?7. Where was the first piggy bank?8. Who was the first person to fall asleep during a sermon?9. What is the first commandment in the Bible?
10. What is the first purchase of land in the Bible?
11. What was the first instance of book burning?
12. What was the first military coup in Israel?
13. Who used the first pseudonym?
14. Who built the first city?
15. Who was the first hunter?
16. Who was the first murderer?
17. What is the first book of the Bible named after a woman?
18. Who is the first prophet mentioned in the Bible?
19. Where did Jesus work his first miracle?
20. What was the first of the ten plagues of Egypt?
21. Who was the first king of Israel?
22. Who were the first foreign missionaries?
23. Who was the first shepherdess?
24. Who was the first single man to be exiled?
25. Who was the first judge of Israel?
26. Who was the first disciple chosen by Jesus?
27. Who wore the first bridal veil?
28. Who told the first lie?
29. Who was the first priest mentioned in Scripture?
30. Who wore the first ring?
31. What was the first city called?
32. What was the first animal out of the ark?
33. Where were the disciples first called Christians?
34. Who took the first census of the Hebrews?
35. Who was the first shepherd?
36. Who were the first exiles?
37. Who were the first twins?
38. Who constructed the first altar?
39. Who built the first Jerusalem temple?
40. Who planted the first garden?
41. Who was the first metal craftsman?
42. Who was the first farmer?
43. Who was the first polygamist?
44. What is the first commandment with a promise attached
45. Who was the first apostle to be martyred?
46. Who was the first child mentioned in the Bible?
47. Who was the first daughter mentioned by name?
48. What is the first color mentioned in the Bible?
49. Who planted the first vineyard?
They Did It First (Answers)
1. Pharaoh, at the time Joseph was in Egypt (Genesis 40:20)
2. The one at the court of Persian ruler Ahasuerus; the winner
was Esther (Esther 2).
3. Stephen (Acts 6:7-8:2)
4. The dream of Abimelech, in which he was told to return Sarah
to Abraham (Genesis 20:3-8)
5. The war of the kings of the north, led by Chedorlaomer, king of
Elam (Genesis 14)
6. Noah, who planted a vineyard after leaving the ark (Genesis
7. In the temple at Jerusalem; it was a chest, ordered by King Joash, who had a hole bored in the lid to keep priests from stealing
funds (2 Kings 12).
8. Eutychus, who dozed off and fell out of a window during Paul's
sermon (Acts 20:9)
9. "Be fruitful and multiply" (Genesis 1:28).
10. Abraham bought the Cave of Machpelah as a tomb for Sarah
11. Jeremiah's scroll, sent to King Jehoiakim, was burnt piece by
piece as it was being read to the king (Jeremiah 36:21-23).
12. Absalom led an attempt to overthrow his father, David
(2 Samuel 15-18).
13. Esther, whose real name was Hadassah (Esther 2:7)
14. Cain (Genesis 4:17)
15. Nimrod (Genesis 10:9)
16. Cain (Genesis 4:8)
18. Abraham (Genesis 20:7)
19. Cana (John 2:1-11)
20. The river turns to blood (Exodus 7:14-24).
21. Saul (1 Samuel 10:1)
22. Paul and Barnabas (Acts 13)
23. Rachel (Genesis 29:9)
24. Cain (Genesis 4:12)
25. Othniel (Judges 3:9)
26. Simon Peter (John 1:42)
27. Rebekah (Genesis 24:65)
28. The serpent (Genesis 3:4)
29. Melchizedek (Genesis 14:18)
30. Pharaoh (Genesis 41:42)
31. Enoch, named after Cain's son (Genesis 4:17)
32. The raven (Genesis 8:7)
33. Antioch (Acts 11:26)
34. The priest Eleazar (Numbers 26:1-2)
35. Abel (Genesis 4:2)
36. Adam and Eve, driven from the garden (Genesis 3:24)
37. Jacob and Esau (Genesis 24:23-26)
38. Noah (Genesis 8:20)
39. Solomon (1 Kings 6)
40. God (Genesis 2:8)
41. Tubal-cain (Genesis 4:22)
42. Cain (Genesis 4:2)
43. Lamech (Genesis 4:19)
44. "Honor your father and mother" (Deuteronomy 5:16; Ephesians 6:2-3). The promise is that the person will have a
long life if he honors his parents.
45. James (Acts 12:1-2)
46. Cain (Genesis 4:1)
47. Naamah, daughter of Lamech (Genesis 4:22)
48. Green; "I have given every green herb" (Genesis 1:30).
49. Noah (Genesis 9:20)
SECOND IN LINE
1. At 969 years, Methuselah was the longest-lived man.
Who came in second at 962 years?2. Saul was the first king of Israel. Who was the second? (Hint: It
3. The first covenant God made with man was his covenant with
Noah. With whom did he make the second covenant?4. In John's Gospel, Jesus' first miracle is turning water into wine.
What is the second miracle?5. Stephen was the first Christian martyr. What apostle was the
second?6. Paul's first traveling companion was Barnabas. Who was the
second?7. The first plague in Egypt was the turning of the Nile waters to
blood. What was the second plague?8. Othniel was the first judge of Israel. Who was the second?9. Jacob's firstborn was Reuben. Who was his second son?
10. David's first capital city was Hebron. What was his second, and
more famous, capital?
11. The serpent in Eden was the first talking animal in the Bible.
What was the second?
12. Eve is the first woman in the Bible. Who is the second?
13. Solomon led the way in constructing the first temple in
Jerusalem. Who led in the building of the second temple?
14. Esther is the first book in the Bible not to mention the
name of God. What is the second book with this omission?
Second in Line (Answers)
1. Jared (Genesis 5:20)
2. Ishbosheth (2 Samuel 2:8-10)
3. Abraham (Genesis 15-17)
4. Healing an official's son in Cana (John 4:43-54)
5. James, brother of John (Acts 12:1-2)
6. Silas (Acts 15:36-41)
7. Frogs (Exodus 8:1-8)
8. Ehud (Judges 3:15)
9. Simeon (Genesis 29:33)
10. Jerusalem (2 Samuel 5:6-10)
11. Balaam's donkey (Numbers 22:28-30)
12. Cain's wife, who is not named (Genesis 4:17)
13. Zerubbabel and Joshua (Ezra 3)
14. Song of Solomon
KINGS, PHARAOHS, AND OTHER
1. What king hosted a banquet where a phantom hand left a
message on the palace wall?2. What king of Israel was murdered while he was drunk?3. What king of Salem was also a priest of the Most High
God?4. What king of Gerar took Sarah away from Abraham?5. What Hebrew captive interpreted the dreams of the Egyptian
pharaoh?6. What three kings listened to the prophet Elisha as he
prophesied to the accompaniment of a harp?7. What king attacked the Israelites on their way into Canaan, only to be completely destroyed later?8. What king of Sidon gave his daughter Jezebel as a wife to
Ahab?9. What king of Bashan was famous for having an enormous
10. Who was the last king of Judah?
11. What king of Hazor organized an alliance against Joshua?
12. What military man captured 31 kings?
13. What king of Moab sent the prophet Balaam to curse
14. What king of Mesopotamia was sent by God to conquer the
15. What Canaanite king of the time of the judges was noted for
having nine hundred iron chariots?
16. What son of Gideon was proclaimed king in Shechem?
17. What king of the Amalekites was captured by Saul and cut into
pieces by Samuel?
18. What much-married king is considered the author of the Song
19. What Philistine king did David seek refuge with when he fled
20. What shepherd boy, the youngest of eight sons, was anointed
by Samuel in front of his brothers?
21. What king wanted to see miracles when the arrested Jesus was
sent to him?
22. What king of Tyre sent cedar logs and craftsmen to King
23. What prophet had a vision of a time when the Lord would
gather the kings of the earth together and put them all in a pit?
24. What man, David's oldest son, tried to make himself king of
25. What wise king made an alliance with Egypt when he married
the pharaoh's daughter?
26. What Egyptian king gave refuge to Jeroboam when he fled
27. What king had a strange dream about an enormous, fruitful
tree that was suddenly chopped down with only a dry stump
28. What man, one of Solomon's officials, had his reign over Israel
foretold by the prophet Ahijah?
29. What king of Judah was constantly at war with King Jeroboam
30. What king was confronted by the prophet Nathan because of
his adulterous affair?
31. What king of Israel reigned only two years and was murdered
while he was fighting against the Philistines?
32. What man violently protested having a king in Israel, though
he himself anointed the first two kings?
33. What city did King Jeroboam use as his capital when the
northern tribes split from the southern tribes?
34. What king of Israel reigned only seven days and killed himself
by burning down his palace around him?
35. What king of Ethiopia was supposed to aid Hezekiah in
breaking the power of the Assyrians?
36. What king led Israel into sin by allowing his evil wife to
introduce Baal worship into the country?
37. Who was the last king of Israel?
38. What king of the Amorites refused to let the Israelites pass
through his kingdom?
39. What king called Elijah the worst troublemaker in
40. What king of Syria was Elijah told to anoint?
41. What evil king of Judah was humbled and repentant after
being taken to Babylon in chains?
Kings, Pharaohs, and Other Rulers (Answers)
1. Balshazzar (Daniel 5:1-9)
2. Elah (1 Kings 16:8-10)
3. Melchizedek (Genesis 14:18)
4. Abimelech (Genesis 20:2)
5. Joseph (Genesis 41:1-36)
6. Joram of Israel, Jehoshaphat of Judah, and the king of Edom
(2 Kings 3:11-19)
7. The king of Arad (Numbers 21:1-3)
8. Ethbaal (1 Kings 16:31)
9. Og (Deuteronomy 3:11)
10. Zedekiah (2 Kings 25:1-7)
11. Jabin (Joshua 11:1-5)
12. Joshua (12:9-24)
13. Balak (Numbers 22:2-6)
14. Cushan-Rishathaim (Judges 3:8)
15. Jabin (Judges 4:2-3)
16. Abimelech (Judges 9:6)
17. Agag (1 Samuel 15:8, 32)
18. Solomon (Song of Solomon 1:1)
19. Achish of Gath (1 Samuel 21:10)
20. David (1 Samuel 16:6-13)