"This is a treasure-trove of some of the best thinking today on leadership, management, and strategy."
--Journal of Management Consulting
"The Organization of the Future is required reading If you don't use this book to help guide your organization through the changes, you may well be left behind."
What do employees expect from the organizations they support? How can organizations maintain stability in times of massive change? These are the questions modern organizations face as they struggle to grow and evolve. The Organization of the Future offers timeless responses from such leading authorities as Peter F. Drucker, C.K. Prahalad, Nathaniel Branden, Lewis E. Platt, Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Jay R. Galbraith, and Deepak Sethi. Their incisive essays reveal:
* How to build "know-how" and "know-who" to develop successful teams
* How to prepare for "breakdowns" and create the nimble, change-adept company
* How to attract, motivate, and retain the best employees
* How seven basic policies can lead to high performance and high self-esteem
* How to support work-life balance and provide flexibility for knowledge workers
Each essay provides observations that will help leaders in business, nonprofits, and government keep their organizations healthy, competitive, and poised for the future.