The Great Books Reader: Excerpts and Essays on the Most Influential Books in Western Civilization
Not currently available online.
Great Books programs have become increasingly popular among Christian colleges, high schools, and even home schoolers. This one-of-a-kind book is designed for those who do not have the opportunity to attend such a program but are still interested in directly engaging with the Western Canon. It contains substantial excerpts from thirty of the most important books in history, with each excerpt followed by an essay placing the work in historical and Christian context. Readers can learn directly from such authors and thinkers as Plato, Aristotle, Augustine, Dante, Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, de Tocqueville, Freud, and Chesterton.
Selected as one of 2011's Best Books for Preachers by Preaching Magazine
- SKU: 9780764208522
- SKU10: 0764208527
- Title: The Great Books Reader: Excerpts and Essays on the Most Influential Books in Western Civilization
- Publisher: Bethany House Publishers
- Pages: 752
- Weight lbs: 2.50
- Dimensions: 9.40" L x 6.60" W x 2.00" H
- Features: Price on Product
- Category: CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
- Subject: Christian Education - General