The Great Emergence: How Christianity Is Changing and Why
Not currently available online.
Rooted in the observation that massive transitions in the church happen about every 500 years, Phyllis Tickle shows readers that we live in such a time right now. She compares the Great Emergence to other "Greats" in the history of Christianity, including the Great Transformation (when God walked among us), the time of Gregory the Great, the Great Schism, and the Great Reformation.
Combining history, a look at the causes of social upheaval, and current events, "The Great Emergence "shows readers what the Great Emergence in church and culture is, how it came to be, and where it is going. Anyone who is interested in the future of the church in America, no matter what their personal affiliation, will find this book a fascinating exploration.
- SKU: 9780801013133
- SKU10: 0801013135
- Title: The Great Emergence: How Christianity Is Changing and Why
- Series: Emersion: Emergent Village Resources for Communities of Faith
- Publisher: Baker Books
- Pages: 172
- Illustrated: Yes
- Weight lbs: 0.73
- Dimensions: 8.70" L x 6.06" W x 0.67" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Recycled Paper, Price on Product, Index, Illustrated, Dust Cover
- Themes: Theometrics | Mainline;
- Category: SOCIAL ISSUES
- Subject: Christianity - History - General
Also in "Emersion: Emergent Village Resources for Communities of Faith" Series