The Last Addiction: Own Your Desire, Live Beyond Your Recovery, Find Lasting Freedom
(Paperback - Feb 2008)
$14.07 - Online Price
$15.99 - Retail Price
You save: $1.92 (12 %)
In an age of tell-all addiction memoirs and reality television programs, we gulp down the stories of others in the hope that we, too, can be overcomers-even as we continue to love a person, substance, activity, or ideology too much.
As Sharon Hersh writes, "We all suffer from the same condition." In "The Last Addiction, "she explores "why "we are prone to addiction-to make one thing in our lives more central than it should be-and how we can break free of our compulsions.
This is not a book of "self-help" answers or "how-to" steps. It is a book about falling down and getting up again, about realizing that we need more than ourselves to be saved. The truth is, we're not as bad as we think we are-and we are worse than we ever dreamed. When we live between those two realities, we are ready to let go of the last idol: the belief that we can save ourselves.
The Last Addiction" invites you to see your own story more clearly as you better understand your longing for intimacy. It invites you to love boldly and receive love in return. It invites you to the freedom of redemption.
- SKU: 9780877882039
- SKU10: 0877882037
- Title: The Last Addiction: Own Your Desire, Live Beyond Your Recovery, Find Lasting Freedom
- Qty Remaining Online: 5
- Publisher: Waterbrook Press
- Release Date: Feb 19, 2008
- Pages: 225
- Weight lbs: 0.62
- Dimensions: 8.98" L x 6.06" W x 0.68" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Price on Product, Price on Product - Canadian, Bibliography
- Themes: Theometrics | Evangelical;
- Category: RECOVERY
- Subject: Christian Life - Personal Growth