Do you feel stuck in your spiritual journey? Do you long to grow—and help others to grow—in spiritual maturity? Are you tired of the commonly prescribed formulas and methods in discipleship resources? While other books claim to bring a fresh insight or a new challenge to today’s followers of Christ, The Path: How to Understand and Experience Authentic Spiritual Growth is truly one-of-a-kind, offering you an alternative way to look at the Christian life. It is not a trendy, new formula or a canned prescription, but a simple, comprehensive, and transformative approach to your spiritual journey. Biblically based and developmentally informed, The Path identifies three dynamic stages of spiritual growth and eight milestones that can help you to measure your progress, identify the obstacles delaying your spiritual journey, and chart your course forward.
In The Path, you’ll discover:
• A compelling and biblical case for three stages of spiritual development.
• How far you have progressed in the three stages and eight milestones.
• Twelve specific characteristics of the process of spiritual growth—the rhythms, tempos, and patterns of spiritual development over the adult’s life span.
• How to understand, care for, and guide fellow believers along their journeys.
• How to develop an intentional strategy of Five Steps of Spiritual Direction on a path leading to the growth of disciples in your ministry programs.
The Path is the companion to Stages of Faith: 8 Milestones That Mark Your Journey. Stages of Faith is a powerful, thirteen-week study for personal and small group use, and it should be in every small group leader’s toolbox.