A wise, measured, and deeply passionate invitation to a Spirit-filled life
Are you trying your best to be a good Christian but still feel something's missing? Do the peace and joy you long for seem to elude you? Does following Christ sometimes feel like a lot of work--or like it's just not working very well?
Much has been written and spoken--and argued --about the Holy Spirit and what it means to be filled with the Spirit. Charles Stanley cuts through the confusion and introduces you to a living Person as real and active as God the Father and Christ the Son. Through personal stories, biblical exploration, and insightful explanation, he will help you discover:
- who the Spirit is--and how to develop a relationship with Him
- who the Spirit "isn't"--and how to avoid damaging misconceptions
- how being "filled" with the Spirit actually works
- what the Bible really teaches about spiritual "signs" such as speaking in tongues
- how the Spirit can increase your capacity for faith, hope, love, and personal transformation
- what it means to "hear" the Spirit's voice
- how to make the most of your unique spiritual gifting to build up Christ's body
- what happens when the Spirit's power is unleashed in your workplace, your family life, your friendships, and every other area of your life
In "The Spirit-Filled Life" Charles Stanley reveals how to recognize and begin to live with the guiding presence of the Holy Spirit.