Think: The Life of the Mind and the Love of God
Not currently available online.
John Piper’s newest book will help Christians think about thinking. Focusing on the life of the mind helps us to know God better, love him more, and care for the world. Along with an emphasis on emotions and the experience of God, we also need to practice careful thinking about God. Piper contends that “thinking is indispensable on the path to passion for God.” So how are we to maintain a healthy balance of mind and heart, thinking and feeling?
Piper urges us to think for the glory of God. He demonstrates from Scripture that glorifying God with our minds and hearts is not either-or, but both-and. Thinking carefully about God fuels passion and affections for God. Likewise, Christ-exalting emotion leads to disciplined thinking.
- SKU: 9781433520716
- SKU10: 1433520710
- Title: Think: The Life of the Mind and the Love of God
- Publisher: Crossway Books
- Pages: 222
- Weight lbs: 0.84
- Dimensions: 8.19" L x 5.50" W x 0.79" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Price on Product, Index, Dust Cover, Bibliography
- Awards: 2011 Christian Retailing's Best (Finalist - Spiritual Growth)
2011 Retailers' Choice (Finalist - Spiritual Growth)
- Category: CHRISTIAN LIVING
- Subject: Christian Life - General