Upon This Rock: The Baptist Understanding of the Church
(Paperback - Oct 2010)
$21.99 - Online Price
$24.99 - Retail Price
You save: $3.00 (12 %)
Not currently available online.
A recent conference at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary featured speakers addressing topics set forth in the article on "The Church" in the Southern Baptist Convention's Baptist Faith and Message statement. Upon This Rock gathers those presentations and answers such questions as:
- What is the basis for our denominational distinctives?
- Are they merely a collection of "faded traditions" or true doctrinal necessities rooted in the Bible alone?
- Are they theologically rich cornerstones of faith that easily transcend time, culture, and preference?
Contributors include Malcolm B Yarnell III ("Upon This Rock I Will Build My Church: A Theological Exposition of Matthew 16:13-20"), Paige Patterson ("Observing the Two Ordinances of Christ"), Thomas and Joy White ("Church Officers and Gender: Can Women Be Pastors? Or Deacons?") and Bart Barber ("A Denomination of Churches: Biblical and Useful") as well as Jason G. Duesing, David Allen, Emir F. Caner, James Leo Garrett, Jr., and Byron McWilliams.
- SKU: 9780805449990
- SKU10: 080544999X
- Title: Upon This Rock: The Baptist Understanding of the Church
- Publisher: B&H Publishing Group
- Date Published: Oct 2010
- Pages: 244
- Weight lbs: 0.57
- Dimensions: 7.80" L x 5.00" W x 0.70" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Price on Product, Index, Bibliography
- Category: CHURCH HISTORY
- Subject: Christianity - Protestant