Upside-Down Prayers for Parents: Thirty-One Daring Devotions for Entrusting Your Child--And Yourself--To God
(Paperback - Feb 2013)
Because God Loves Them Even More Than You Do
It's our instinct as parents to shield our children from harm. But our true responsibility is to raise children equipped to live well for God even in the midst of struggle. "Upside-Down Prayers for Parents "encourages us to pray for our children in ways we may never have before:
- I pray you'll get caught doing things wrong--and experience the power of confession.
- I pray your prayers will go unanswered--and you'll find a deeper trust in Him.
- I pray you'll fail in things that don't matter--and learn what matters to God.
- I pray you'll encounter battles--and discover that God is your greatest ally.
By turning our prayers "upside down," we not only learn to release our children to the care of God alone, we also uncover how our "own "desires need to be submitted to God's will.
Each entry in this thirty-one-day devotional includes a short reflection, a Scripture verse, and ideas to jump-start conversations between you and your child or teenager. Together you'll discover a deeper trust in God that will help you make it through the upside-down times with a right-side-up perspective.
- SKU: 9780307955838
- SKU10: 0307955834
- Title: Upside-Down Prayers for Parents: Thirty-One Daring Devotions for Entrusting Your Child--And Yourself--To God
- Qty Remaining Online: 14
- Publisher: Waterbrook Press
- Release Date: Feb 19, 2013
- Pages: 173
- Weight lbs: 0.35
- Dimensions: 7.90" L x 5.10" W x 0.50" H
- Category: DEVOTIONALS
- Subject: Christian Life - Devotional