What Matters Most: How We Got the Point But Missed the Person
(Paperback - 2012)
$13.19 - Online Price
$14.99 - Retail Price
You save: $1.80 (12 %)
Belief can exist in isolation, but faith requires a relationship
Why wade in the shallows of belief when you can plunge into the depths of faith? Belief involves a different way of thinking, but faith brings about a new way of living. It grows through direct experience and a close relationship, both of which come as you follow Jesus.
As Christians we often talk about developing a "personal relationship" with Christ, but instead of pursuing a relationship, we pursue knowledge. We are tempted to place confidence in our definite, settled beliefs, which offer a pale substitute for the daily adventure of an honest relationship with Jesus.
In "What Matters Most, "Leonard Sweet presents a challenging and compelling approach to belief that is joined by dynamic engagement with God. You are invited to explore the uncharted regions of faith by following Jesus, completely on his terms. Once you begin, you will never go back to mere belief.
- SKU: 9780307730572
- SKU10: 0307730573
- Title: What Matters Most: How We Got the Point But Missed the Person
- Qty Remaining Online: 5
- Publisher: Waterbrook Press
- Release Date: Mar 13, 2012
- Pages: 244
- Weight lbs: 0.60
- Dimensions: 8.99" L x 6.07" W x 0.70" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Price on Product, Price on Product - Canadian, Bibliography
- Category: CHRISTIAN LIVING
- Subject: Christian Life - Personal Growth