When the Heart Cries
(Paperback - Sep 2006)
$12.31 - Online Price
$13.99 - Retail Price
You save: $1.68 (12 %)
When Hannah dares to love across the boundaries of tradition, will she lose everything?
Despite being raised in a traditional Old Order Amish family, seventeen-year-old Hannah Lapp desires to break with custom, forgo baptism into the faith, and marry outside the cloistered community. She's been in love with Mennonite Paul Waddell for three years, and before returning to college for his senior year, Paul asks Hannah to be his wife. Hannah accepts, aware that her marriage will change her relationship with her family forever.
On the evening of their engagement, tragedy strikes and in one unwelcome encounter, all that Hannah has known and believed is destroyed. As she finds herself entangled in questions that the Old Ways of her people cannot answer, Hannah faces the possibility of losing her place in her family, in her community- and in the heart of the man she loves.
"When the Heart Cries" is book one in the Sisters of the Quilt series.
- SKU: 9781400072927
- SKU10: 1400072921
- Title: When the Heart Cries
- Series: Sisters of the Quilt
- Qty Remaining Online: 20
- Publisher: Waterbrook Press
- Release Date: Sep 19, 2006
- Pages: 328
- Weight lbs: 0.65
- Dimensions: 8.00" L x 5.10" W x 0.90" H
- Features: Price on Product, Price on Product - Canadian, Glossary
- Themes: Theometrics | Evangelical;
- Awards: 2007 Christian Book Award (Finalist - Fiction)
- Category: FICTION, CHRISTIAN
- Subject: Christian - Romance
NOTE: Related content on this page may not be applicable to all formats of this product.
Also in "Sisters of the Quilt" Series