"AS TODAY POSTMODERN CULTURE seeks to redefine biblical morality, relationships have taken a serious hit, even within the Church."
How does this redefinition affect men? From boyhood, to the teenage years, and on through mid-life and retirement, Whisker Rubs describes what men in each of these stages of life are dealing with and the challenges they face. In some instances, men feel they cannot measure up to the expectations placed on them at work, in their marriages, or in their spiritual life. Fortunately they are answers, and these come together in the final section, "Reclaiming Masculinity."
Whisker Rubs is filled with anecdotes, stories, interviews, and studies to bolster the thesis that men desperately want to have a blueprint for their masculine journey.
* Letting Boys Be Boys: Developing the masculine Identity
* Little Boy Be Good: Social Pressures to Tame Boys
* Caught in the Crossfire: Teenage Boys Who Won't grow Up
* Finding Family: The Search to Belong
* Middle-Aged Madness: The Last Stand
* The Golden Boys: Is that All There Is?
* How the Women's Movement Failed Men.and Women
* The Myth of Sameness: Embracing the Creator's Intent for the Sexes
* Media Madness: How the Media Marginalizes Men and Fathers
* What Do Men Need Most?