Who Built the Stable?: A Nativity Poem
(Hardback - Oct 2012)
$14.95 - Online Price
$16.99 - Retail Price
You save: $2.04 (12 %)
Who built the stable where Jesus lay? Multiple Coretta Scott King Award-winner Ashley Bryan has a very good idea in this beautiful and moving new layer to the nativity story.
Riding in an open Jeep across the plains of Africa, beloved and nationally acclaimed author and illustrator Ashley Bryan found himself comparing the terrain to Jerusalem, and the bumpy journey to that of Mary's travel on a donkey. And he came up with a question: Who built the manger where Mary and Joseph found shelter?
The answer is conveyed in this beautifully crafted picture book that envisions a young boy, a shepherd and carpenter both who, out of love and kindness, cleared the way for another shepherd and carpenter to be born on Christmas day.
"The boy looked in the infant's eyes
""And in his heart he knew
""The babe would be a carpenter
""He'd be a shepherd too.
"Told in gentle rhyme and illustrated with Ashley Bryan's enormous talent, this is a picture book that captures the reason for the season in all its wonder and beauty. "Who Built the Stable?" is a celebration of Christmas, of the kindness of children, and of the new hope born with each new baby.
- SKU: 9781442409347
- SKU10: 1442409347
- Title: Who Built the Stable?: A Nativity Poem
- Qty Remaining Online: 3
- Publisher: Atheneum Books for Young Readers
- Release Date: Oct 02, 2012
- Book Type: Picture / Wordless
- Pages: 32
- Illustrated: Yes
- Age Range: 4 - 8
- Grade Level: Preschool thru 3rd Grade
- Weight lbs: 1.05
- Dimensions: 11.22" L x 9.44" W x 0.64" H
- Features: Price on Product, Price on Product - Canadian, Illustrated, Ikids, Dust Cover
- Themes: Holiday | Christmas;
- Category: CHRISTMAS
- Subject: Religious - Christian - Holidays & Celebrations