An outstanding resource for anyone handling the financial affairs of a church.
Simeon May, CPA, executive director, National Association of Church Business Administration
This annual reference guide continues to be one of the few resources offering tax and financial advice to churches and nonprofit organizations. Issues of financial accountability, receiving and maintaining tax-exempt status, accounting for charitable gifts, and other crucial topics receive careful and full discussion.
The 2014 edition also contains a thorough description of tax laws affecting churches and other nonprofit organizations, ensuring compliance with all regulations. This guide is indispensable to church treasurers and anyone else responsible for the financial operation of a nonprofit organization.
This 2014 edition includes:
- Expert advice on handling charitable gifts
- Risk management checklists
- Easy techniques for simplifying financial policies and procedures
- Tried-and-true steps for reporting financial information
- Key steps in sound compensation planning
- Examples of required IRS filings
Because of the completeness of these guides, they should be in every church library and in every pastor s study.
Publisher s Weekly ReligionBookLine"