Moving Forward by Looking Back: Embracing First-Century Practices in Youth Ministry
Not currently available online.
How many times have you poured your heart and soul into something for your youth ministry---only to have it fall flat, leaving not much more than a fond memory in the minds of students, let alone amazing life-change in their hearts? You're not alone. Far too often, we build plans and programs and then stop to ask God to bless them. We all want a transformational student ministry, but we need to remember that God has to be the one doing the transformations in the lives of our students. Based on the principles found in the book of Acts, Moving Forward by Looking Back will help you look back at how God transformed lives through the early church, and look forward at how those principles can be applied to your youth ministry today. As you reflect on the book of Acts, you'll explore how your youth ministry can implement the principles of: * Adoration---engaging students with God* Community---engaging students with God's people* Truth---engaging students with God's Word* Service---engaging students with God's worldWith practical ideas that are easy to apply in any ministry context, whether you're a rookie or a veteran, a professional or a volunteer youth worker, this book is an invaluable resource for any youth ministry that wants to see its students transformed by God.
- SKU: 9780310282501
- UPC: 025986282509
- SKU10: 0310282500
- Title: Moving Forward by Looking Back: Embracing First-Century Practices in Youth Ministry
- Publisher: Zondervan Publishing Company
- Pages: 288
- Illustrated: Yes
- Weight lbs: 0.80
- Dimensions: 8.70" L x 5.90" W x 0.90" H
- Features: Table of Contents, Price on Product, Price on Product - Canadian, Illustrated
- Themes: Theometrics | Evangelical; Topical | Teen; Chronological Period | Ancient (To 499 A.D.);
- Category: YOUTH MINISTRY
- Subject: Christian Ministry - Youth