The Disciple Maker's Handbook: Seven Elements of a...
Many people believe that discipleship is important, but they need help. In fact, the vast majority of Christians report that they have never been personally discipled by a more mature follower of Jesus. Is it any wonder that they have a difficult...+
- EAN: 9780310525271
- Retail Price: $15.99
Out of Stock
Free Economy Shipping on any order you place for $75 or more! Only applies to orders shipped within the Continental U.S.
Purchase: 30 or more
$10.19 (36% off)
Many people believe that discipleship is important, but they need help. In fact, the vast majority of Christians report that they have never been personally discipled by a more mature follower of Jesus. Is it any wonder that they have a difficult time knowing how to disciple others?
If making disciples of Jesus is the greatest cause on earth, how should we equip people to do it? This handbook is a practical guide for how to embrace the discipleship lifestyle being a disciple of Jesus and how to make other disciples of Jesus. With contributions from pastors and teachers like Francis Chan, Jeff Vanderstelt, Bill Hull, Jim Putman, KP Yohannan, and Robert Coleman, the authors present seven elements that are necessary for disciple making to occur:
- Jesus the original disciple maker and centerpiece of discipleship.
- Holy Spirit fuels the disciple-making process.
- Intentionality making disciples utilizing a strategy and a roadmap.
- Relationships creating a loving, genuine connection with others who trust and follow Jesus.
- Bible using the Word of God as the manual for making disciples.
- Journey forging a traceable growth story from a new birth to spiritual parenthood.
- Multiply reproducing the discipleship process so that the disciple becomes a disciple maker.
Whether you are a parent who wants to disciple your children, a small group leader who wants to disciple those in your group, or a church leader who wants to disciple future leaders, the seven key elements in this handbook form a framework for understanding discipleship that can be applied in countless situations. In addition, there are questions provided in each section to help you think through how to apply the material to your disciple making efforts."
|Author||Harrington, Bobby William|
|Author||Patrick, Josh Robert|
Click the google preview icon below for a limited preview of this title.
(If no icon is shown, preview is not available for this title.)